Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Finding the Right System

We are on a break (not the Ross and Rachel kind) from our Monday Night game that will resume after the Labor Day holiday.  I am currently using 4th edition GURPS and while I do love the system and all of its options and flexability, but I'm not feeling it.  I've been reading and writing for S&W, OSRIC, LL and my new renewed interest is in Hackmaster Basic.  It has a little of mix of some GURPS and AD&D. 

I plan on asking my group to switch systems.  Most of them will have no problem, but if some do I can understand.  What I plan to purpose is a AD&D game using the orginal three books.  No retro clones, no numbered editions just the game we played for countless hours.  I don't plan to change anything.  I want to play it with warts and all.  I'm interested to see how much different we view the game so many years later.

9 comments:

  1. Do you have some sort of conversion chart in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent idea. I like it...I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing that is somewhere on my impossibly long list of "campaigns to run, one day."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds most interesting, I got to play "warts and all" AD&D at OSRCon recently and had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disappointment. I liked knowing that other GURPS players existed. However, if there's a conversion chart, I'd like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude...a Friends reference?
    : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. An AD&D campaign that appears as if from nowhere! That's the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JB > I am a little shocked and disappointed that you were the only one to give me crap about the Friends reference. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you'll pick it right back up like riding a bike.

    ReplyDelete