Like I said in my previous post we will be playing AD&D, warts and all, but there will be a few homebrewed rules thrown in.
- Roll 4d6 throw out the lowest six times then place them in the attribute of your choosing.
- All races in the PHB are fair game.
- All classes in the PHB are fair game.
- Roll starting money as per class.
- Choose weapon proficiencies.
- Choose a non-weapon proficiency. (I need to find the short entry in the DMG about them)
- Magic-User classes start with 3 spells, each additional spell will cost them 50gp.
- Languages need to be chosen.
- I’m even playing with alignments. How can you have a true AD&D game without them.
- And I am using the money system, including the dreaded electrum piece.
- I will switch the money system from a gold to a silver standard. I just like it better overall.
- I am not at home and I don’t have my books in front of me, but I don’t remember if this was a rule or not, but I plan on giving a +1 to AC for helmets and +2 to AC for great helms (but it carries a -1 ‘to hit’ penalty).
- No going to worry about encumbrance for the most part. Unless they find a 500 pound gold statue.
- Initiative will be a d10 instead of a d6. It makes sense to me since there are 10 segments in a combat round. What you roll is what segment you attack on. Dex bonuses will apply. If a player gets an AC bonus the same number will apply to the initiative.
- I retain the right to change or ingnore everything I have just said.
My plan is to hash out rule details. Then give the players the background and starting situation. Each will get there own custom knowledge sheet and so on. I plan on posting a lot of the details here. Use this as one of those wikis I don't totally understand.