Saturday, March 17, 2012

Death of Comment XP

The title of the post is more dramatic than this post.  Some of you may have noticed that my comment experience points list to the right is gone.  Gone, gone.

I thought it was a cool idea to keep track of comments and it was.  But it became a lot more work than I expected.  I didn't realize the number of different people that commented.  And with the addition of Google+ even more could do a drive-by +1ing.  So although I hate to see it go I'm okay with its passing.

I want to put more time into my projects.  Waiting on a last few things for the first issue of The Manor.  Then edit it.  Then sell a few copies and start stapling.  Tomorrow I'll go into more detail about the zine.  I'll share what it cost per zine.  My price point.  Contents.  And my expectations of this project.

It's Saturday night, St. Patrick's day.  I'm not much of an Irishman, even though I'm only 2nd generation removed.  I don't drink.  But I will keep my Underdog Glass filled with ice tea and work on the last part of the zine.  Enjoy your celebration tonight and be safe.


4 comments:

  1. Ah, so it goes. Anyway, looking forward to finding out how much my bank account will be draining into The Manor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO I get anything for winning? LOL j/k I drive by here at least once a day regardless of XP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad! I just post challenges from time to time... doing a count for EVERY post would certainly get too time consuming. Especially with your follower numbers.

    A good problem, I suppose:)

    ReplyDelete