Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Morning News

Didn't blog much late last week or through the weekend and looks like a lot of stuff has happened.  First off, I power watched the Game of Thrones first season and was impressed.  It look fantastic in blu-ray.  Now I have to wait another year for season two.  I'm hoping Spartacus second season is out this summer.  I don't watch them on TV (because I don't get cable, just internet) then I either watch the whole season in a couple of days on Netflix or get the DVD collection. 


Matt Jackson, maker of maps, has released Issue 12 of Lapsus Calumni: The Environs of Milagros.  You can download it at his blog for free.  This issue is a hex crawl with great looking maps you come to expect from Matt and detailed areas and people.  I really like the United Halfling Shippers.  Matt has a stripped down style that including this hex into an ongoing campaign would be a simple task.



 
Carter Soles from The Land of Ara has released his 2011 Compendium.  Artwork is done by OSR favorites, Johnathan Bingham with his lovely wife, Daisey, Kelvin Green and The Marg.  I tried adding a picture of the cover, but for some reason couldn't get it to work.  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  Just got it last night before bed.  But after a quick glance I see he included Sleestak and for that I can only give this product my highest recommendation and will belittle, ridicule and give you a nuggy if you don't get it.


There is a ton more going on, but time for work.  Monday is calling and it wants its due.  Tonight is game night and we continue on with play testing.  I'm not sure how much we are testing as just having fun.  Have a good day my friends, stay rolling.

3 comments:

  1. You remind me of got the Spartacus prequel yet to be watched on blu-ray. I'll have to get to that...

    Anyway, enjoy tonights gaming-- and see you back in the City on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great things happening in the Land of Gaming. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Sleestak Monday!

    ReplyDelete