Friday, July 6, 2012

First Night of The Manor

The first batch of #2 Manors have taken flight on creepy butterfly wings. Anyone who ordered through last night, it’s in the mail. I forgot to count before I dropped them in the mailbox, but I think a total of 30 or more are on their way out. The first issue took five days to reach that number. So thanks to everyone who bought a copy.

This issue looks a bit different from the first issue. Publisher has made it so I can use the whole page. There aren’t one/two inch gaps on the top or bottom. I’ve already mentioned moving and adjusting the text and picture elements is a lot easier. But overall I can play with the elements and have more fun with what I can do. I’ll try not to go overboard.

I know I mentioned this in the introduction, but what I was amazed was the amount I could put in the zine now. I’m guess off the top of my head, but I believe the first one was like 4500 words or so and the second issue is over 6700 words.

The Paypal buttons are working well. No complaints so far there. But, I still struggle with the PDF. When I downloaded it to RPGNow I have a different file for the cover and one for the zine content. I downloaded a couple versions on RPGNow. One is for printing it out in the zine format. And I added another that is a more standard PDF. So if anyone has any problems or question please let me know.

Anyone out there wanting a copy can find the buttons on this blog or my GM Games blog. It was a lot of fun to make. A lot of hard work, but fun.

It’s Friday. Weekend can’t get here fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. Weekend can’t get here fast enough.

    Amen to that. I short week can still be too damn long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All hail the lord of the Manor. Looking forward to getting it.

    ReplyDelete