Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Taking a Break from Gaming to Game Some More

Last week, during a Wednesday night game with +Chris C. and +Ken H they spoke about taking a break from gaming over the summer.  I should clarify, a break from weekly gaming.  We went back and Chris has been a member of our Monday night crew for over two years, Ken I believe was four years.  And I think I have been playing steady on Mondays for 6 or 7 years now.  Our Monday night crew is pretty dedicated so we only miss a handful of Mondays a year.

As we spoke, a break sounded good to me also.  Plus Whisk said she wouldn't mind me taking a break also.  Maybe to do a few extra things while the good weather is here.  It doesn't last long.  And for me, it's another night I could write.

Let me clarify break for me.  Just not getting into any weekly games.  I'll still play in pick up games once a month or so.  Ken, Chris and I still have plans on doing something.  I still plan to attend B-Team game, they only happen once every 4 or 6 weeks.  Plus I hope to get involved in a few on-line games and game with some new folks.  And since my good friend Dwayne has come home, we've been getting together monthly to game face-to-face. 

The break is only from weekly gaming.  I'll still blog, write micro-adventures and bug people for art for the Manor.  None of those things will halt.  If anything I hope to be more productive. 

I'm sure a month in I'll be looking at the clock on Mondays wondering what games are going on.  But I think a few months from a regular schedule game will clear out the gaming chakras.

I've got a few more weeks before my impending break.  I'm looking forward to it because I hope to take that extra time to develop a project or two that requires more time and attention.  Until then...


I'll be chilling wondering what head to use tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me from butting in BUT just had to hop over from 'Whisk'!

    Taking a break from Gaming ...? ? ?

    Now one of my sons loves gaming and breaks sure get annoying LOL

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete